Wednesday, January 14, 2009

OMG... Walking!

enjoy!

Liv took her first solo steps over New Years at the cottage where G'ma & G'pa could get in on the excitement! She's been practicing since. (Jeff encourages her more than I do. LOL ...) She's determined & has been taking off on her own with no prompts or bribes... mostly just two or three steps & down but occasionally more...

It's way too early IMO, for a couple reasons. One: (whimper, whimper) these baby days are going so fast - I know, I know - everyone warned me they would! Two: How frustrating for her to have this apparent autonomy and still such limited communication... well, we'll deal with it best we can, I've been trying to introduce more sign language, but so far she's not been all that interested.

BTW: Liv had a checkup this week. She's 27.5 inches tall & just a hair over 17 pounds. She's tall and light compared to other American baby girls this age but on her own little curve so everyone's happy.

No comments: