Sunday, December 13, 2009

Gingerbread House

Call me crazy... but this is a favorite Christmas tradition from when I was growing up! And we're have this beautiful new kitchen and are enjoying building up to Christmas in our new home this year!

So, I found pattern peices and recipes and notes from my Mom and Dad - which was a real treat! And my Aunt Carol sent me photos of her family's Gingerbread Houses -- a true inspiration -- Thanks Guys!!! And we were off & running:

First the cookie dough.




Then decorate the pieces.



Liv was impressed with my progress when she got up from nap.



Then construction and final decorating touches.



Happy Holidays, Everyone!!


3 comments:

grammy said...

Some traditions just have to be passed down through the generations. So glad you are keeping this one going!! Love, Jo Ann

grammy said...

I just realized that you might not have realized who I am! I am Jo Ann Gray from Owego!! I sure enjoy following your blog. Andrea has a 2 year old daughter and a daughter born the end of October so she is experiencing similar things!!

Emily Ruoss said...

I was pretty sure it was you! Thanks for checking in on us! My mom forwarded pictures of the new arrival... please pass on my congrats, happy thoughts and best wishes to Andrea & family. Happy Holidays!!