Friday, May 7, 2010

Playing with Friends

Liv has this terrific cardboard cottage and we invited a couple friends over to help decorate with water colors, chalk, or crayons.

The most fun! Three little 2 year olds and every one of them with a baby sister. (well, Klaudia's will be here soon.)



decorating. It's an ongoing process. :)


Playing at the park earlier today.



oh, and this next guy isn't a friend.
He came to visit as a very UNwelcome guest.


Over 4' long, and 12 years old, this diamondback rattlesnake was in MY backyard. Not cool. I was home alone with the babies, and in a near panic with the thought of this guy prowling around. One has to destroy them like zombies: beheading is really the only way. But you really only get one shot at something like that, and you risk really ticking them offf by coming after them with a shovel - anyway, I stalked it with one of the landscapers shovels in hand as it slithered around the patio - but couldn't quite commit to the attack.  Instead, I trapped it under a cardboard box, weighted the box, and called the landscapers to please come back and kill it for me. I felt like such a coward, until I saw what it actually took to kill the snake. I'm pretty sure I couldn't have done it by myself - and was left wondering if I was a fool for even considering it.  

At one point Liv and I watched it (from INSIDE) and I was able to teach her to recognize it and that she needs to "run away and tell mommy" if she ever sees one. We are all on high alert! How scary!!!

1 comment:

Our Bug's Life said...

That little cardboard house you guys made for Liv was so creative! And after seeing that cool whale with little fish that your parents made, I know exactly where your creativity comes from! :)