Monday, June 14, 2010

Camila Luna Trying New Foods

Camila Luna has been showing great interest in what the rest of the family puts in their mouths the past few weeks, I've let her taste things that I eat:  bluberry smoothie, grapes, turkey sandwich, watermelon, waffles are among her favorites (haha). She gets so excited, she makes her "I want that" noise and reaches and tries to grab, mouth wide open. We decided to follow her lead and start introducing real foods. Last Friday I peeled 1/2 an apricot & put it in the little mesh bag baby feeder, she was so happy! ... gumming, sucking, and putting food in her own mouth! cute!

Last night I mashed & strained some sweet potato, mixed with some of my milk and spoon fed it to her. She did eerily well - hardly any thrusting the food back out of her mouth, and she was even trying to guide the spoon herself. There was almost no mess. Either I learned how to do this or she's really good at it - I remember Liv being COVERED her first few times. LOL

It seems so soon... but thinking back -- Liv was about this age, between 4 & 5 months, when we started giving her solid food. I've heard other mothers joke that with the first baby you can't wait for the next milestone (sitting, crawling, etc) but with the next you are a little sad each time they hit one. It's not the dominant emotion, but its undoubtedly there.

I'll add pictures soon.

1 comment:

grammy said...

Hi! I sure do enjoy reading your blog and seeing the pictures. Andrea reported last week that Erica now refuses to eat "baby food" and only wants the food everyone else is eating! Enjoy! Jo Ann