Thursday, December 9, 2010

Fire Station Field Trip

 The MOMS Club had a feild trip today to the local Fire Station.
A much anticipated outing!


Firefighters Tom & Justin showed us around the engines, equipment, and the station house.
Livvie was a very good listener (Camila was not).


"Don't be afraid if you're in danger and you see me crawling toward you."
We all agreed we'd try not to be too afraid, and would not run away.




Big Engines - Little Kids


"I Visited the Fire Station"


Stylishly sporting the plastic fire hat in the back seat.


A gang of kids running up & down the handicap ramp! 


Precious little hood ornaments.  :)
(click on the image to see full-size)




Unfortunately, the field trip also included an emergency run to AutoZone - after another Mommy helped jump the van, the diagnostics showed that the battery needed immediate replacement. Boo.
The "autozoners" were very helpful with the testing, and installation. I was so grateful, especially considering that I had two sleepy babies in the car.


5 comments:

CoffeeLady said...

OMG!!!! I'm so sorry I wasn't able to be there to return the favor!!!! I'm so glad you had help and were able to make it to AZ for a new battery without a glitch!

grammy said...

Emily, I forwarded this to Joan Oliver so she could see the sweater! She loved it!! Great pictures. Jo Ann

Emily Ruoss said...

Thanks, JoAnn! I'm so glad that it fits during sweater season - its so cute!

Uppper Creek Monastery said...

I would be scared of that big yellow mask guy in a fire... yikes. Love the hood ornament shot.

Uppper Creek Monastery said...

Nice kitchen and both walking through it. wow.