Sunday, February 27, 2011

Kids and Dogs

There's no getting around it. there is just something about kids and dogs. Especially puppies.

Dear friends of ours came out for a visit last weekend and brought their well-behaved (giant) 8-month-old Saint Bernard puppy, Sabella.


Camila was enthralled! Going up for kisses regularly. Which of course made the parents (on both sides) a bit nervous, but was extraordinarily cute! I missed the good kissing shots, but trust me -- super cute!

I get asked with some regularity from many different sources, if or when we might get a pet.
Most commonly, my response is laughingly that with two kids in diapers, I have enough poop in my life right now, thanks very much! I'm just not ready to go there, yet.

1 comment:

Andrea Piccolo said...

I support you in that response and can tell you with the confidence that only comes from experience that you are 100% correct. We have 3 of our 5 cats left. They are almost 14 years old and now spend the majority of their time locked away in their room so Mommy can maintain her sanity. Savor your pet-free days so you can enjoy your girls that much more. That's what friend's pets are for. Ha ha!