Saturday, July 16, 2011

Blueberry Picking

We caught the very last couple of days of blueberry season. (Next year we'll try to go in June!)



But the picking wasn't hard - nearly every berry left on a bush was ripe! And really, there were plenty to choose from. Not the big fat beautiful variety that you get earlier in the season apparently, but these little beauties still have really good flavor and will be perfect for baking -- not to mention smoothies and that's only if there are any left after constant snacking!



Livvie ate all her berries before we could get out of the field. :-) She had been picking a bit further on with Jeff, and as they were headed back I heard her say proudly, I have 8 berries. Then, I heard her say, just as proudly - or (matter-of-fact ly; anyway) "I have 4 berries" I honestly believed she meant she had just picked 4 MORE berries. Until the count down continued and her bucket was EMPTY by the time she got to me!!
 :-) funny kid. Camila ate her fair share, to be sure! But not every single one!!

No comments: