Tuesday, June 5, 2012

God Spark


God Spark
So that's what I've been calling it. 
The god spark in every living thing. 

A couple days ago, Liv told her sister not to put a fence around it  - "you need to open the gate and let it shine out" "don't be mad, let your heart be shiny and glowy." 

I encourage them to foster a "Happy Heart"

I ask them how they feel inside when they've done something generous or loving, what color their spark is? Is it dull or shiny? It's a bit fascinating to listen to their responses.


This morning we got terrible news that one families in our MOMS had their new baby in the hospital (and later in the day that she was gone). I asked the girls to come together with me and we would feel our bright shiny god spark, and send loving energy to Baby Mia. 

It's as close as I can get to teaching them to pray....

~~~~*~~~~

Last night at dinner Liv asked, "Did God made the clouds?" 
me: "What do you think?"
"I think God made the clouds." pause... "How did God make the clouds?"
"How would you make a cloud?"
pause... "I would use fog."
"That's a great idea!" "I bet that would work!"

No comments: