Sunday, July 18, 2010

Bobcat Sighting

I woke up to these ears in the shadow about 10 paces outside my bedroom.


In my drowsy state, I'm thinking "hmmm, no. not a rabbit." "great horned owl? sitting in the grass? no." "OMG! it's a mountain lion! ... no wait. Bobcat! Whoa!! There's a great big cat in my yard!"

I grabbed Liv and the phone (and called my neighbor, Michelle, to come over!)
We saw him last, almost exactly 6 months ago, right before Camila Luna was born. 


Sorry the photos aren't more exciting, tough lighting & shooting through the windows...

He rolled over to show off his handsome spots, and try to tune in the sounds he was hearing from the house, I presume... ooops.  

I was trying to catch a picture between the hammock, maple tree, and rock... from the b/r window:


What a good looking animal! He wandered off after a while. I hope we see him again.



This is DEFINITELY more than a 20 pound cat... I'd guess closer to 30 -- big for a lynx.

No comments: