Friday, July 16, 2010

Trunk Monkey Racing Well

One of the things on my mind these days, is our dear friends Jody and Skip racing their sail boat to Hawaii! 

You may remember a couple years ago (Liv was 4 months old) Skip and Jody raced aboard FLASH in the Pac Cup (San Francisco to Oahu). Well, they're doing it again. This time -- just the two of them -- on their own boat, Trunk Monkey.

They've been racing very ,very, very well! Here is the current chart (they are the red dot). They left StFYC on July 6th.


For more charts and tracks, you can visit the official race page; they are in the Double Handed 2 division.

We recently received this email (via sat phone?) from Jody:

Hi guys - Another quick note from the monkey (girl).  It has been a
pretty good day today...slow but alright.  we got spit out by two
squalls so that slowed us significantly...oh well..  good news is we had
J world's hula girl sail up behind us this morning...and they still
haven't passed us.  They are a turboed Santa Cruz 50 ...so that is all
right by me! Skip is on the helm...I am off to la la land....sure to be
another long night!!  Hopefully we will have some stars.  I have never
seen so many clouds in my entire life...up side is I'm not sun burned!!
but it makes driving at night VERY tough...and I get sick a lot...it is
that dark you just start to spin....not fun.  Good thing that in my
delirious state I have invented Charlie the Cloud Slaying Flying
Fish...he is my little friend...maybe I will write a childern's book
when I come home and become the next JK Rowling..what do you think??
(maybe I am just losing my mind after all this time at sea!)any how.
Love to you all!  Thank you Mollly and Bubba for your help with the
kitties!!  Lots of yummy fun bbq's on us when we get back!! (Did I
mention how much I miss real food???? (and mai tais).

Jody

Wow, hunh? I think about them frequently -- what an adventure! can't wait to hear more about Charlie!


No comments: