Monday, June 6, 2011

Finger Painting for the First Time

Finger Painting!

I have fuzzy early memories of happy times finger painting as a preschooler with my Grandma Maryalice. I've been stalling for a while, dreading the mess, and unsure how one even sources butcher paper these days... 
But finally, I picked up the paints at Target & just gave up on the slippery paper. (Though I will keep looking - does anyone have any ideas?)

 I really wasn't sure how to start, but I showed them a couple pictures of kids finger painting, covered the table, squirted some paint on plates, gave them paper and stood back.


A period of tactile exploration...


Wait. What is Liv looking at?


Awwww. Really?
Right. Ok. Umm,
Let's keep the paints on the paper...


"Sure! Why didn't you say so?!"


Needless to say, I stood back as much as I could... which of course, ended up not being very much.
And those are about all the pictures I took. sigh.

 The aftermath...
(not too bad after all)





3 comments:

Uppper Creek Monastery said...

It looks like good fun was had by all!

Andrea Piccolo said...

What fun! I found a large pad of Melissa and Doug finger painting paper (11" x 14"?) at Toys R Us. It has lasted us a LONG time. I find that if I wipe the table with a wet cloth and then lay the paper down, the water keeps the paper in place so I don't have to tape it down. For some reason, a 1 yr old and a 3 yr old just are not patient enough to wait for me to tape all 4 corners! Ha ha!

Emily Ruoss said...

Thanks guys! It is indeed fun & we've gone at it a few more times since.
@Andrea, thanks for the tips!
and
Amy O'C, thank you for the wonderful surprise of M&D paper! We love it!