Monday, October 24, 2011

Creepy Curiosity

Liv's been especially interested in anatomy these past few weeks or months. She asked me the other day: "Do all critters have the same blood and stuff inside them like we do?" I did my best to answer and generally came up with "Yes, all animals that don't lay eggs are all pretty much the same inside." and "next time we're at the library lets find some books." And of course, she remembered -- and asked the librarian to help us find "a book about blood & bones" after storytime last week. 

Last weekend we were having our breakfast on the patio and a poor dumb mourning dove flew right over the table and smashed full speed head and shoulders into the window - killed instantly. Liv and Asher had to fight over who got to play with the dead bird first. eeeww. 

So, when I encountered a coyote skeleton when I was out running , I was pretty sure that Liv would want to check it out. 


I even printed out a picture of a dog skeleton so we could try to identify the bits. 


Definitely not an exercise for the squeamish, but well, educational I guess...

1 comment:

Dan Binmore said...

I absolutely love this.