Saturday, December 22, 2012

The Glitter Incident

So, yeah. Let's get the obvious out in the open: I wasn't watching.

The girls were at the kitchen table having a snack, while I did some other task, and when we all finished we were going to do a supervised glitter project. Only as I was coming into the kitchen I hear the dreaded:

"Oh, No! Here she comes!"

You just know it's not going to be good.
The only good thing (and it's a VERY good thing...) is that "Oh, No! Here she comes!" is a warning - a warning to compose, breathe, prepare, choose. And I am so very proud of myself. A week ago - I probably would have totally freaked.

They decided that they really wanted to have glittery dining room chairs.





I didn't freak. I did set a "glitter containment zone" and got the vacuum.

No comments: