Monday, June 14, 2021

No news


Not much news. 


It's much cooler than we've grown accustomed to. For example, I overheard Jeff reading the water temperature from one of the sensors and both he and Torsten were like "Brrr!!!"  Want to guess the water temp? 78.5 degrees. We are so spoiled!! LoL


I totally bundle up like I'm going to the northern California coast for night watch, squall jacket, beanie, ... no kidding.  If I had uggs, I might be tempted... LOL


Still no visual or radar or radio contact with any other vessels. But we will keep a good lookout tonight &  Maybe tomorrow we'll see something.  Maybe the Big Island, it's still, too far away, too cloudy and now, too dark to see it tonight. 


But, the moon is back in the night sky

Polaris is back, too! Mars and Jupiter have been pretty. And we can still see the southern cross. (At least for a few hours.) 


The starboard engine wouldn't start up this afternoon when it was tim   e to  exercise them. So un-cool.  ((On a personal level, I can maybe relate. But as far as meeting expectations of the crew and gear on this adventure, stbd engine is not a superstar.))


And now that's an issue that needs to be addressed. We pulled the starter motor and gave it some TLC. But wasn't enough.  I suggested hitting it with a hammer.  But, that didn't work. Shrug. Is it plugged in? Because now we're reaching the end of my helpful suggestions.  Hahaha!



Pray for a good night!

Love & Light

~e.


No comments: