Thursday, June 3, 2021

Seabird observations (days 2-3)

Sea birds. We still see them! At least 3 kinds that I can tell. Although I can not identify them.

We see frigate birds. Iwi in Hawaiian Not sure if there are varieties? Probably!

Also, what I am guessing might be layatian albatross??? Solo fliers, a little bulky (kind like a giant gull, lol) but a pretty buff brown color. Beak looks almost bluish.

They occasionally get curious and come fly around us, ride the wind with us & the smooth bits from the "wake" our sail makes.
I always offer to let them land on us if they want.. so far, no.

If someone wants to email/text me a description (no links, no pics) it would be cool to confirm what it is.

We also still see the groups of fishing birds.

An angular, zippy looking white (w. black) guy with a long thin tail, cruised by this morning.
XOXO

No comments: