Sunday, June 6, 2021

Notes from Midnight Watch


The wind has pickup to a nice steady 12-15 knots. The wind direction allows us to head North, but not very well NE, and maybe not as speedily or comfortably as a more favorable direction would. 

But we are Doing The Thing! We are sailing across an ocean! We are courageous wayfinders. (I'm very grateful not to be a bold explorer. I think the stress would kill me.)

It was the perfect catch for ocean-to-table dining. 

(Wanna hear something silly? Right after Jeff landed and fileted his fish, I went to go sit in the shade on the bow, with a book, and -- I got a fish, too!! LOL There was a flying fish that got stranded on the net between the hulls. Poor thing.)


We are learning by observation and testing more about the ship's batteries, how they charge and discharge, how the reporting panel measures and shares information. 


It's a good thing that Torsten has been doing so much research on boat batteries and that Jeff is a terrific power engineer. They know a LOT. (And I totally don't.) Speaking of which, I better go check on some things... brb. 

All is well. 


Fun fact: 
Fresh tuna blood glows in the dark. 

Wanna know how I know? There is a dirty zip lock bag on the table over there; it had a 1/2 of a fish in it a few hours ago. Gross, right? Anyway, it's sitting there GLOWING. It's like from Scooby-Doo or something.


And with that, I'll say goodnight! 

Hasta maƱana!


Love and Light,

~e.

No comments: